I’m getting my post out before I’ve even gone grocery shopping this week! Otherwise known as, “my couch is really comfortable and moving takes so much work.”
I’m trying a few different things this week.
- I’m going (mostly) gluten free. I’ve had some requests for more gluten free recipes, so everything that would normally have gluten in it is either a gluten free recipe or has a gluten free option in the recipe.
- I’m going (mostly) vegetarian. I’m still dealing with some stiffness in my knee and a strain in my calf, and a veggie focused menu will more anti-inflammatory. Besides, it never hurts to cut back on the meat a little.
- I’m focusing on cauliflower! Seriously, all the cauliflower. Cauliflower three different ways. While cauliflower may bring up images of mushy white stuff you avoid on your plate, I promise it can be so delicious and is crazy good for you! It is packed full of antioxidants and vitamin C and has been found to reduce cancer risk, improve hearth health, and reduce obesity with regular consumption. Stop avoiding this veggie and get ready for some new ways to eat it!
Breakfast & Snacks
- Easy Bagels from Skinnytaste
Yes, I am making bagels! These bagels only have five ingredients. It doesn’t get much easier than that! I’ll be making them with regular flour, but the recipe has been tested and includes notes to make them with gluten free flour. I’m going to fry up some eggs and make breakfast sandwiches with these.
- Chocolate Chip Coconut Flour Banana Bread from Ambitious Kitchen
I’m not sure if you’ve noticed over the last few weeks….but I really like bread. This bread is three kinds of delicious. 1) Chocolate chips (do you really need anything else?). 2) Banana bread. 3) Coconut flour (which makes it gluten free). It’s going to take all my willpower to not just eat the entire loaf in one sitting!
Lunch & Dinner
- Bison Cheddar Topped Cauliflower Steaks from Running to the Kitchen
Cauliflower preparation one: steaks! Okay, I know they won’t be all juicy and meaty like beef steaks. That doesn’t mean they won’t still be tasty! This is my one meal this week that has meat in it, because I’m not great at giving up meat completely. The recipe calls for ground bison, but you can just as easily use ground beef or ground turkey if that’s cheaper (and that’s probably what I will be doing). You could even use tofu crumbles, or leave the meat out completely if you want to go fully meat free this week.
- Vegetable Burrito Bowls with Cauliflower Rice from Blissful Basil
Cauliflower preparation two: rice! While I’m sure this recipe is incredible as written, I’m lazy. Instead of making my own cauliflower rice, I’m going to get pre-riced cauliflower from the frozen veggie section. I’m going to use premade guacamole (because I have a ton of it in my freezer from a Costco splurge trip) and plain Greek yogurt instead of making sunflower sour cream (although that is definitely on my list of things to try later!). If you don’t want to go all veggie, you could grill up some steak or chicken to throw on top of this.
- Cauliflower Pizza with Pesto and Grilled Veggies from Food Faith Fitness
Cauliflower preparation three: pizza crust! Also gluten free! I LOOOOVE pizza, but always wish it was healthier. TaDa! Healthy pizza option! As with the burrito bowls, I’m going to use frozen, pre-riced cauliflower to save some time. Knowing these pizzas are waiting for me at the end of this week is going to keep me going. So excited.
There you have it! My sort of gluten free, sort of vegetarian, super cauliflower week of deliciousness!
Leave a comment to let me know what kind of diet I should try next week! Or what food item you want more recipe ideas for! And don’t forget to sign up for my email list to find out what crazy thing I’m trying next as soon as the next post comes out!